Junior Prom Information
The Junior Prom will be on April 26th from 7 pm until midnight at Anthony's Pier 9 ( 2975 US Route 9W South, New Windsor, NY 12553 • phone 845-565-3390 -- see pier9.com for directions). Attire is formal. Tickets will be on sale from April 5th until April 17th. They cost $55 each, and you may pay with cash or by check (checks should be made out to "New Paltz Junior Class"). Tickets must be purchased from Mrs. Sutton (see below for her availability):
· “A” days: Blocks 1 and 3 in room 243
· “B” days: Block 2 in rm. 243
· Any day after school in room 164.
Students must be eligible (academically and behaviorally) to attend prom (see Ms. Woody for eligibility information -- we will use the present academic eligibility list for prom [not the 30 week report card], so if you need a contract, get one in place immediately). When purchasing tickets, students also must provide Mrs. Sutton with a parent/guardian phone number in case of emergencies. If you are bringing a guest from another school, be sure to provide Mrs. Sutton with that student's name and his/her parent/guardian name and phone number.
Seating at the prom is first come first served, but students can also reserve seating for tables of 10-12 people. Once everyone in your group has paid, write the names of the people at your table on a list and see Mrs. Sutton to choose a table on the floor plan.
Professional photographers will be at the prom. Many affordable packages are available, so bring a check or cash.
Several vendors are offering specials to New Paltz students. See Ms. Sutton for coupons regarding the following offers:
1. Meadowscent Florist is offering to deliver all corsages and boutonnieres right to our high school the morning of the prom to save you a trip. And, for every corsage purchased they will donate $1.50 back to the Class of 2014 ($1 back for every boutonnier).
2. Sossi Formals is offering $30 off a prom tuxedo rental.
If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Sutton via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.