The following challenge gives students the opportunity to test their robot and use the full range of its functionality.
To perform this challenge you will need the following:
- A completed VEX Clawbot
- 14 empty cans (or similarly sized plastic bottles)
- A container to act as a goal, approximately 2” wide x 2” long x 1” high
- Approximately 12’x12’ of open space
To perform this challenge you will need to complete the following steps.
- In the center of your open space, create a large pyramid using 14 cans.
- Make a square base of 9 cans.
- On top of this base, place a second level of 4 cans, approximately centred on the base of 9 cans.
- On top of the second level, place a single can, approximately centered.
- Place the empty container approximately 8’ away from the cans.
- Place the Clawbot next to the empty container.
- Using the VEXnet Joystick to control the robot, try to place as many cans as possible into the goal in a period of two minutes.
- Repeat the challenge to see if it is possible to increase the number of cans scored.
- If there are multiple robots in the class, try playing this challenge as a head to head game. Add a second goal,
and have the two robots race to see which is able to score the most cans in a two minute time period.