DDP - Design and Drawing For Production
DDP is a one-year course, students will actively utilize creative problem solving skills in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture and Engineering. Students will use a variety of design software and materials to create original work. Design and Drawing for Production also focuses on 21st century learning skills such as creativity and innovation, communication and collaboration, research and information fluency, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and digital and technological operations and concepts.
- Develop problem solving, critical thinking and visual communication skills through individual or collaborative design challenges.
- Develop skills in sketching, mechanical drawing, computer aided drafting and rendering.
- Solve 2-D and 3-D design problems while developing a design skill set using traditional materials and computer aided design programs.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of design theory, process and history.
- Identify personal areas of interest and talent for related career and educational pursuits.