How you EarnNordic Letters
You may only miss 6 practices.
- You must qualify for the sectional race. This means you must race in at least 3 varsity races (Possibly 2...depending on the snow this year)
- You must be at all races. If you are absent from school you are excused.
1. You may miss 7 to 10 practices
2. You must be at all dual meets. If you are absent from school you are excused
- Miss more than 10 practices. Miss more than 10 practices and you are off the team.
The following do notcount as excused absences
- Doctor’s appointment’s
- Dentist appointment’s
- Hair cuts
- Driver Ed. Come early or later
- Travel soccer/gymnastics/other club sports
- Staying after for academics-we don’t usually start until 3.
- Going home sick after school unless I have a note from the nurse.
- College entrance exams. SAT’s do not count as an excuse. Plan on this as your missed invitational if you can’t attend
- Ski Club
Remember you have 6 practices to give. The above is what you utilize these practices for.
The following will be counted as excused absences
- College interview…too an extent. You can’t miss a lot of races.
- Away for a family vacation during our vacation
- See me about religious functions
- Absent from school
- School trip that is mandatory.
There will always be special circumstances so please see me if you are having difficulty
You can make up practices by. You may only make-up a total of 4 practices.
- Coming to optional practices held over winter break
- Come to practices we designate as optional.
If you are out due to an injury over a week you may not receive a varsity letter.