How you Earn XC Letters
- You may only miss 4 practices. (You must be at practice at least 1 hour and 15 min to count)
- You must be at 3 of the 4 invitationals. If you don’t have enough practices-it still counts as a miss.
- You must be at all dual meets. If you are absent from school you are excused.
- Must attend the MHAL meet and practice through sectionals even if you do not qualify
- If I assign you to a freshman race and you meet all the other criteria-you still receive a varsity letter.
You may miss 5 to 10 practices and/ or you only make 3 of the 5 invitationals.
You must be at all dual meets. If you are absent from school you are excused
Must attend the MHAL meet.
- Miss more than 10 practices and/or miss more than 3 invitational.
The following do not count as excused absences
- Doctor’s appointment’s
- Dentist appointment’s
- Hair cuts
- Driver Ed. Come early or later
- Travel soccer/gymnastics/other club sports
- Staying after for academics (remember you can come out by 3:45 and still get your time in. You will have to stay till 5:00 )
- Going home sick after school unless I have a note from the nurse.
- College entrance exams. SAT’s do not count as an excuse. Plan on this as your missed invitational if you can’t attend.
Remember you have 4 practices to give. The above is what you utilize these practices for.
The following will be counted as excused absences
- College interview…too an extent. You can’t miss all the Invitationals.
- Away for a family vacation during our vacation
- See me about religious functions
- Absent from school
- School trip that is mandatory.
If you are out due to an injury over a week you may not receive a varsity letter.
There will always be special circumstances so please see me if you are having difficulty