The focus of the Resource Room is to meet the goals of each student's IEP and to provide support in his/her classes. Part of the 80 minute block may be spent working on skill areas such as reading comprehension, vocabulary, math and writing skills.
The Resource Room is a class, not a study hall. Specialized instruction based on students' goals will be provided. This instruction is often integrated within classroom assignments. This is a period in which you are expected to work on areas in which you need the most assistance.
Resource Room is also assisting in addressing the new Common Core Standards required of all students. The basic goal of these standards is to have students who are college and/or career ready in reading, writing, speaking, listening, language and mathematics. Students who meet the Core Standards are:
· able to demonstrate independence
· able to comprehend as well as critique
· able to value evidence, citing specific evidence from text
· establishing strong content knowledge
· using technology and digital media strategically and capably
· responding to varying demands of audience, task, purpose, and discipline
· understanding other's perspectives and cultures.
In order to achieve these goals, each student is expected to:
·Be on time and ready to work.
·Bring assignments and materials.
·Seek extra help as needed from the Resource Room or Content Area teachers from 2:20-2:45.
Please contact me with any questions or just to check in.
You may send an email or leave a voicemail.
I look forward to working with your child this year.