NPHS is excited to announce a new, more streamlined method of course scheduling for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Course Registration Process
Please make your selections carefully as the data from registrations will be used to create course schedules, plan the master schedule, and assign teachers for the upcoming school year. Arranging a schedule for school can be difficult and not everyone will receive the courses he/she chooses. Therefore, students must choose some alternate courses that he/she would enjoy taking.
- Please review the course descriptions and credits required for graduation located in the Course Description Book https://www.newpaltz.k12.ny.us/hscourses.
- When selecting your courses:
- Students and Parents: Log into the Parent Portal at http://ps.newpaltz.k12.ny.us/public. Click on Class Registration, and review your course selections. You should have at least 8 credits of course selections in order to fill your schedule. Be sure to select additional alternate elective courses, in case your first choice is full.
- Parents may schedule a meeting with the counselor, if needed, at https://www.newpaltz.k12.ny.us/guidanceappointments. Parents will receive a confirmation notice.
- School counselors will review each student’s selections for accuracy.
Student Online Course Selection
Parents/Guardians may opt to change or view your child's 2019-2020 online course selection through the Parent Portal.
3/4/19- Online course registration runs through 3/25/19
3/13/19- Appointments available with Guidance Counselors
4/8/19- Drop/Add date for online course registration
4/9/19- College & Career Night at NPHS, 6pm
Schedule a Guidance Appointment
Counselor apointments will take place from March 25- April 8, 2019.
These appointment slots are for parents of current 9th and 10th graders.
*11th graders and their parents will be scheduled to meet with their counselors in April to finalize course selection and discuss post-graduation goals.
Please schedule appointments with your child's counselor only.