New Paltz Board of Education - Legislative Action Committee
Click here to learn how you can support the Board's resolution against high-stakes testing
Welcome to the New Paltz Central School District’s Legislative Action Committee (LAC) page.
LAC was voted by the Full Board as a Standing Committee on July 3, 2013 to inform, educate, and advise the NPCSD Board of Education, parents, community members and staff about legislative issues and matters affecting public education. The committee consists of up to three (3) board members and three (3) community members, who are appointed to one or two-year terms.
Legislative Action Advisory Committee Charge:
- To inform, educate and advise the NPCSD Board of Education and community concerning legislative issues and matters affecting public education;
- To provide the community with a practical way to get involved in legislative issues relating to the NPCSD;
- To advocate for the School District on the federal, state, and local levels;
- To review and monitor legislation to determine its impact on the NPCSD;
- To build positive relationships with legislators for the NPCSD;
- To make known the NPCSD’s needs to our elected officials;
- To enlist community support for legislative issues that affect our schools; and
- To inform and make recommendations to the NPCSD Board of Education accordingly.
The public is invited and encouraged to attend the meetings. All meetings are scheduled at the District Office, 1 Eugene L. Brown Drive, New Paltz, New York.
2016-2017 Meeting Schedule can be found on the District's homepage under Upcoming Events-view calendarAll dates on this page are subject to change. Please check the District website calendar for meeting date changes, additions or cancelations.
- Michael O'Donnell, Chair and Board of Education Member
- Brian Cournoyer, Board of Education Member
- Steven Greenfield, Board of Education Member
- Community Member-TBD (2018)
- Community Member-TBD (2018)
Please feel free to share this information with anyone who may be interested. Our collective advocacy will work to ensure a strong voice in the legislative decisions that impact the New Paltz Central School District and our students.
Links to New Paltz Central School District documents related to legislative action
- Recommendation: Adoption of Legislation 5/4/16
- Resolution: Uncoupling of School Aid and APPR 4/6/16
- Position Statement: UCIDA Policy 4/6/16
- Resolution: BOE Rejects NYSSBA Executive Dirctor's Editorial 3/2/16
- Value Added Model/APPR Position Statement 11/4/15
- Resolution Supporting Local Taxing Authorities Review & Approval of IDA Programs 3/18/15
- Resolution Against Wasting Food and Taxpayer Money 3/18/15
- Resolution Against Sewage Treatment Plant 12/3/14
- Resolution to Support Public Education 8/27/14
- Position Statement: Housing PILOTS 7/2/14
- BOE Pilot Resolution - December 18, 2013
- Resolution to Protect Student Privacy - November 6, 2013
- Resolution Against High-Stakes Testing - February 20, 2013
- Resolution against Sequestration - December 5, 2012
- New NY Reform CommissionTestimony - October 17, 2012