Think Ahead - Dutchess Community College
An Exciting New Opportunity for Young Adults with Intellectual Disabilities!
Join Dutchess Community College’s new Think Ahead program to develop job skills and life skills while enjoying a college experience! Classes will be held on DCC’s Poughkeepsie campus.
You’re a good fit for this program if you:
- Completed high school and are at least 18 years old
- Have long-term goals and job interests
- Want to have a job experience
- Live at home, independently or in a certified setting
- Have access to transportation to DCC’s Poughkeepsie campus
- Can cover basic expenses including:
- $25 per semester college fee
- Optional commuter meal plan is available at extra cost
In order to take advantage of the program you must:
- Have OPWDD eligibility and be enrolled in the Home & Community Based Services Medicaid waiver.
- Have an Individual Services Plan (ISP) that supports program course/goals.
Questions? Contact Linda Bertolozzi
Note: If you anticipate a need for disability related accommodations to attend or participate, please call (845) 431-8058.