• New Student Registration

    The office is located in the Pupil Personnel Service Offices in the District Office Building located at Lenape Elementary School,         

    1 Eugene L. Brown Drive New Paltz, New York.


    In an effort to ensure everyone's health and safety, student registrations for the 2022/2023 school year will continue with the remote process. Please email the completed registration materials and required documents to the Central Registrar, Jackie Tiano at jtiano@newpaltz.k12.ny.us. If you are unable to complete the registration remotely, please call 845-256-4040 and leave a message with your name and telephone number. An appointment can be scheduled for you to register your child(ren). Please allow 24 hours for Central Registration to return your call.


    Kindergarten Registration

    Kindergarten Registration begins Monday, January 23rd!

    Registration is being completed via email for children who will enter Kindergarten in September 2023.  Registration forms are available below. 

    ** Please email completed registration forms and all supporting documents to Jennifer Sutton at  jesutton@newpaltz.k12.ny.us.**

    Please contact the Duzine Main Office at (845) 256-4350 with any questions.
    Kindergarten screening is tentatively scheduled for the week of April 24th.


    Registration Materials 

    Fillable Registration packet for students entering grades K through 8

    Fillable Registration packet for students entering grades 9 through 12

    **Translated in Spanish**

    Paquete de registro para estudiantes


    Required Documents

    1. Proof of age:

    • Original Birth Certificate or a certified transcription of a Birth Certificate (including a foreign certified
      transcription of the Birth Certificate)
    • Baptismal Certificate or a certified transcription of a Baptismal Certificate (including a foreign certified
      transcription of the Baptismal Certificate)

    If the above are not available:

    • Passport (including a foreign passport)

    If none of the above are available:

    Other acceptable documentation that has been in existence for over two years, such as:

    • Official driver’s license
    • State or other government issued identification
    • School photo identification with date of birth
    • Consulate identification cards
    • Hospital or health records
    • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social services agency, federal
      Office of Refugee Resettlement)
    • Court orders or other court-issued documents
    • Native American tribal document
    • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies.

    2. Parent/Guardian photo identification

    • valid driver’s license, other legal picture identification
      card, or passport

    3. Proof of Custody or Guardianship of the child in question:

    • Judicial custody order or guardianship documentation
    • Foster parents must provide Form DSS-2999
    • If applicable, Affidavits indicating either (1) that the person seeking enrollment is the parent with whom
      the child lawfully resides; or (2) that they are the person in parental relation to the child, with
      total/permanent custody and control, describing how they obtained the same:
      • Affidavit of Responsibility (by parents who have surrendered custody)
      • Affidavit of Responsibility (by custodial person)
      • Affidavit of Emancipation (by student)

    4. Proof of Residence

    (2 items) which must include the name and street address of the parent or guardian and
    must be dated 30 days prior to registration.

    • Copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium
    • A sworn statement authored by a third party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent/guardian
      leases or shares property **document must be notarized and third party will provide proof of residency (2 items);
    • Other acceptable documentation of residency provided by the parent/guardian such as:
      • pay stub
      • utility bills (e.g. electric, gas, garbage disposal, cable/internet)
      • auto insurance policy declarations page 
      • voter registration documents
      • state or other government issued identification
      • documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social services agency, federal
        Office of Refugee Resettlement

    We are sorry, but we will not accept the following as proof of identification:

    • U.S. mail
    • Bank or credit card records
    • Any proof older than 30 days

    5. Official immunization records and physical examination records.

    6. Dental Health Certificate is requested.