Important Information

  • Health Requirements for all students entering the New Paltz Central School District:

    All students are required to have a physical examination and dental health certificate when they enter the school district for the first time, or are entering grades Pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11.

    Physical examinations are required when students:

    • Participate in interscholastic sports
    • Need working papers
    • Are referred to/by the Committee on Special Education
    • Or it is deemed necessary by the school authorities to determine a child's education program.

    The physical examination may be made by the District appointed physician or by a physician, physician's assistant or nurse practitioner licensed to practice medicine in New York State. Exams given by a NYS physician who is not the District designee must report the condition of the student at the time of the exam, be given not more than 90 days prior to presentation to the district and state whether the student is in healthy condition to attend school.

    Screenings- School Nurses are required to perform mandatory screening, including vision, hearing and scoliosis.  

    Immunization Requirements:

    Required Immunization Chart for 2024-2025

    Requisitos de vacunación del estado de Nueva York para inscribirse/asistir a la escuela 2024-2025


    Required Immunization Chart for 2023-2024

    Requisitos de vacunación del estado de Nueva York para inscribirse/asistir a la escuela

    Parents/Guardians are required to provide to their respective Health Office proof that the student has received the first dose of any required immunizations within 14 days of the first day of school. (FOR NEW STUDENTS ENTERING THE DISTRICT FROM OUTSIDE OF NYS, ONLY)


    The District is required to provide the Ulster County Health Department with the name and address of any child denied admission or attendance due to lack of immunization. Acceptable proof of immunization includes documents indicating the required receipt of all vaccines such as:

    • Certificate of immunization 
    • Signed transcript of the immunization portion of a cumulative health record from the prior school
    • Migrant health record  
    • Union health record
    • Community health plan record
    • Signed immunization transfer card
    • Military dependent's "shot" record
    • The immunization portion of a passport,
    • Physician's statement of medical exemption by a physician licensed to practice in New York State
    • Serological proof of immunity or prior disease history


    Emergency Information:

    All parents/guardians are required to submit emergency contact information in case of a student emergency. This information is used to contact parent/guardian and/or designees in case of emergency and should be UPDATED with the main office of the respective school each time a phone number and/or designee changes. Outdated forms delay parent/guardian contact in an emergency situation.