How you EarnTrack Letters
- You may only miss 4 practices. (You must be at practice at least 1 hour and 15 min to count)
- You must be at 4 of the 5 invitationals
- You must be at all dual meets. If you are absent from school you are excused.
- Must practice through MHAL's and sectionals even if you do not qualify
- Must meet the MHAL standards in at least one event, unless you are a returning Junior or Senior and have not earned a varsity letter yet.
1. You may miss 5 to 10 practices and/ or you only make 3 of the 5 invitationals.
2. You must be at all dual meets. If you are absent from school you are excused
3. Must practice through MHAL's even if you do not qualify.
- Miss more than 10 practices and you are off the team.
The following do not count as excused absences
- Doctor’s appointment’s
- Dentist appointment’s
- Hair cuts
- Driver Ed. Come early or later
- Travel soccer/gymnastics/other club sports
- Staying after for academics (remember you can come out by 3:45 and still get your time in. You will have to stay till 5:00 )
- Going home sick after school unless I have a note from the nurse.
- College entrance exams. SAT’s do not count as an excuse. Plan on this as your missed invitational if you can’t attend.
Remember you have 4 practices to give. The above is what you utilize these extra practices for.
The following will becounted as excused absences
- College interview…too an extent. You can’t miss all the Invitationals.
- Away for a family vacation during our vacation
- See me about religious functions
- Absent from school
- School trip that is mandatory.
- If I do not have an event for you at an invitational and I excuse you
There will always be special circumstances so please see me if you are having difficulty
You can make up practices by. You may only make-up a total of 4 practices.
- Working a modified home meet
- Coming to optional practices held over spring break
- Come to practices I designate as optional.
Event Missed Number of practices needed to make it up
1. Practice 1
2. Dual meet 2
3. Invitational 2
If you are out due to an injury over a week you may not receive a varsity letter.
MHAL Standards 2018
100 Hurdles 21.0 Shot Put 24’
100 dash 14.6 Discus 70’
400 dash 70.0 High Jump 4’4
1500 6:00 LongJump 13’
800 run 3:00 Triple Jump 25’
200 dash 30.0 Pole Vault 7'0
400 hurdles 83.03000 run 14:00Steeple: a cut-off is being established