Nordic Ski 2018-2019
Section 9 had it’s Nordic Section 9 Championship race on Monday at Gore. The race style was classic-Boys distance was 10K and the girls distance was 6.6K-Girls Champion-Isabelle Serrano-Rondout Valley Boys Champion- Wells Willett-New Paltz-Under the Championship results the top 8 boys and top 8 girls earned a Section 9 medal.-The Championship teams for the boys and Girls were both from New Paltz this year.The State team is determined by a combination of regular season points and the Sectional Race.States to be held at Gore Ski BowlMonday, February 25th: 6.6K(girls) and 10K (boys)classic race. 10 am girls and 11:15 boys.Tuesday, February 26th: 10 am girls Skate Relay 3 x 3K 11:15 boys Skate Relay 3 x 3KState Team BoysWells Willett-New PaltzDiego Schillaci-New PaltzElijiah Tamarchenko-New PaltzLuke Martini-WallkillKevin Metzger-New PaltzMazin Moya-WallkillGreg Marcinik-WallkillState Team GirlsIsabelle Serrano-RondoutAmelia St. John-New PaltzAbbey Gravatt-New PaltzLake Willett-New PaltzEliza Shands-New PaltzAracely Watson-New Paltz
Posted 11/16/18 1:30 pm
Permission forms to be filled out.
1. Go onto my webpage
-On the left you will see forms for Mohonk and Rocking Horse. You can print
On the Mohonk-3 spots need to be filled out.
-You sign (not print) by guest
-Your parent signs (even if you are 18 or older)
-You must fill out the bottom section with your name and address.
The form must come back to me either at Mohonk (if we ski there tomorrow) or to
school on Monday
-Please fill out the Rocking Horse Ranch for also.
Odds and Ends
Put your name on all of your equipment. All equipment looks alike and people grab the wrong stuff by mistake. It is nearly impossible to correct this. Take a picture of the numbers on boots, poles and skis.
1. The below link is what the ski jacket will look like-the cost is $105. The orders will go in on November 26th Nordic Ski Jacket Look. When you open the form it say's money due the 20th. It is due the 26th.
2. To change ferrules-place in hot/boiling water long enough to loosen the glue. Try to keep as much of the glue on the poles as you can. Have your snow baskets ready to place on. Make sure the baskets face the correct way. If you aren't sure, compare them to the other poles you have. Place the handgrips the same direction then you will see the direction the new baskets should go on. If you have a glue gun at home use this to aide the grip better.
3. I will try to get an e-mail list going again just in case...but anything I send by e-mail would be on the web page. If you want to be on the e-mail list send me an e-mail to email@example.com
Directions to Practices Off Campus
Pine Road: From the High School-Take 299…turn right onto Butterville Road. Take a left onto Pine Road. This is a dirt road between 2 rocks. Go to the top.
Spring Farm: From New Paltz- 299 to Springtown. Turn onto Springtown. Follow signs to Mountain House. Go past the entrance to the Mountain House, under bridge, down the hill. In the middle of the curve look for a sign that says Upper Knolls Rd. Turn right.
Rail Trail: On 32N. At the BOCES parking lot…across the road from Duzine school.
Trapps parking lot: Over cliff/under cliff: 299 (toward Wallkill View Farms) turn right onto 44/55-go past the visitor center- around the sharp curve-under the overpass-parking lot will be on your right.
High Ridge Road: Directions from the High School. Take 299...turn onto Springtown. Follow until Klein kiln Road (do not go towards Mohonk). Turn left onto Klein Kiln then your first right onto High ridge. Go to the end of the road. Do not park on anyone's properly or block driveways.
Tony Williams Park-Rail Trail in Highland: Take 299 towards Highland. Turn right onto New Paltz Road at the Hess Station. Continue-then turn left onto S. Riverside Road. Tony Williams is on the right.
Climbing Ridge Road:
It can be accessed from Route 44-55. At the Brauhaus(end of 299) turn left then left onto Guilford Road-then left onto Guilford Schoolhouse. At the end of Guilford Schoolhouse, turn right, then left onto Climbing Ridge.
Or you can come in from New Paltz to Albany Post Road, right on Tall Pines Rd., to Guilford Schoolhouse, then about 1 mile, Climbing Ridge will be on your right.
Guillford Farm Road
Directions: You can get there by going to the west end of Route 299 where it meets Route 44-55. Go left on to 44-55 and after about 100 meters turn left down Guilford Road (just past the Mountain Brauhaus and Mountain Harbor Deli). Go down that big hill just about one mile to the two red barns on the right. There's no house number but there is a blue house across the street. You can park on the grass along the fence line.
Outlook Farms Road
Go to the west end of Route 299. At Albany Post Road intersection take a right onto Albany Post Road (if coming from New Paltz). Take the first right onto Outlook Farm Road. Go down about 1/4 to 1/2 mile to the first intersection. We meet there.
Start Times & Results
Race start list and link to download the free Webscorer app to view LIVE race results:
Race Results 2018-2019
1. 12/1/18 Gore season opener-Rondout and New Paltz were the only Section 9 teams there.
2. 12/8/18 Gore Invitational-Rondout and New Paltz were the only Section 9 teams there
3. 12/18/18: Section 9 Only: Skate Race at maple Ridge. Distance 5k
4. 12/29/18: Queensbury Relay Races at Gore: Skate 3 x 3K
5. 1.10.19: Section 9 Classic Race at Gore 6.6 K
6. 1-31-19: Section 9 Classic race at Mohonk
7. 2.2.19: Section 9 Classic Race at Minnewaska
8. 2.11.19 Section 9 Championship Race at Gore Ski Bowl
9. State Meet,February 25th and 26th