Nordic Ski 2019-2020
The Community Nordic Clinics are cancelled for Sunday, February 9th. Pray to the snow Gods. We are looking at a possible make-up on the weekend of Febuary 29th/march 1st. I will update this site once we confirm.
Posted 11/12/19 at 8:30 pm
Check on the right column for the Team Jacket Order Form. It is not a mandatory Jacket. The cost is $108
Welcome to the Nordic Ski Family
- I do not have everyone’s e-mail…I will get this the first day of practice.
- Most everything I say in an e-mail I also put on the webpage so you can check here until you are on an e-mail list. I do not use the Remind App so you may want to link my e-mail to your phone. Parents can be on the e-mail list. Please try to use my home e-mail.
My home e-mail is email@example.com School: firstname.lastname@example.org. us
- How to access the webpage;
- Go to New Paltz Webpage then to High School
- Look under Quick Links for Coaches’ page
- When you open you should see announcements but also look at the links for clothing, equipment etc.
- You can get your skis on November 7th or after at Rock and Snow. The package cost $165 and it includes skis, 2 sets of poles, 2 sets of road ferrules, and your boots. You do need the boots to start roller skiing. If money is a problem, see me (Coach Gregory).
- Practice is generally 2:50 to 4:55. We spend most of the time outside -so have clothes for this. Sometimes we take a bus off campus. When this occurs, the bus leaves at 2:30 and it will return for the late run. There may be times on snow we will not make it back for the late run. You will know ahead of time when we go off campus so try to stay other times for your teachers.
Odds and Ends
Put your name on all of your equipment. All equipment looks alike and people grab the wrong stuff by mistake. It is nearly impossible to correct this. Take a picture of the numbers on boots, poles and skis.
1. The below link is what the ski jacket will look like-the cost is $105. The orders will go in on November 26th Nordic Ski Jacket Look. When you open the form it say's money due the 20th. It is due the 26th.
2. To change ferrules-place in hot/boiling water long enough to loosen the glue. Try to keep as much of the glue on the poles as you can. Have your snow baskets ready to place on. Make sure the baskets face the correct way. If you aren't sure, compare them to the other poles you have. Place the handgrips the same direction then you will see the direction the new baskets should go on. If you have a glue gun at home use this to aide the grip better.
3. I will try to get an e-mail list going again just in case...but anything I send by e-mail would be on the web page. If you want to be on the e-mail list send me an e-mail to email@example.com
Directions to Practices Off Campus
Pine Road: From the High School-Take 299…turn right onto Butterville Road. Take a left onto Pine Road. This is a dirt road between 2 rocks. Go to the top.
Spring Farm: From New Paltz- 299 to Springtown. Turn onto Springtown. Follow signs to Mountain House. Go past the entrance to the Mountain House, under bridge, down the hill. In the middle of the curve look for a sign that says Upper Knolls Rd. Turn right.
Rail Trail: On 32N. At the BOCES parking lot…across the road from Duzine school.
Trapps parking lot: Over cliff/under cliff: 299 (toward Wallkill View Farms) turn right onto 44/55-go past the visitor center- around the sharp curve-under the overpass-parking lot will be on your right.
High Ridge Road: Directions from the High School. Take 299...turn onto Springtown. Follow until Klein kiln Road (do not go towards Mohonk). Turn left onto Klein Kiln then your first right onto High ridge. Go to the end of the road. Do not park on anyone's properly or block driveways.
Tony Williams Park-Rail Trail in Highland: Take 299 towards Highland. Turn right onto New Paltz Road at the Hess Station. Continue-then turn left onto S. Riverside Road. Tony Williams is on the right.
Climbing Ridge Road:
It can be accessed from Route 44-55. At the Brauhaus(end of 299) turn left then left onto Guilford Road-then left onto Guilford Schoolhouse. At the end of Guilford Schoolhouse, turn right, then left onto Climbing Ridge.
Or you can come in from New Paltz to Albany Post Road, right on Tall Pines Rd., to Guilford Schoolhouse, then about 1 mile, Climbing Ridge will be on your right.
Guillford Farm Road
Directions: You can get there by going to the west end of Route 299 where it meets Route 44-55. Go left on to 44-55 and after about 100 meters turn left down Guilford Road (just past the Mountain Brauhaus and Mountain Harbor Deli). Go down that big hill just about one mile to the two red barns on the right. There's no house number but there is a blue house across the street. You can park on the grass along the fence line.
Outlook Farms Road
Go to the west end of Route 299. At Albany Post Road intersection take a right onto Albany Post Road (if coming from New Paltz). Take the first right onto Outlook Farm Road. Go down about 1/4 to 1/2 mile to the first intersection. We meet there.
Race Results 2019-2020
2019-2020 Race Results
1. Section 9 Race 1 Skate Race at Overcliff 12/2/19
4. Section 9 Race 2 1/8 /20 Lapland- Section 9 only
1/8/20 Overall Results
1/8/20 Beginner Results Skate 3K
1/8/20 Team Scores
5. Section 9 Race 3 1/28/20 Maple Ridge 7K Skate Race
6. Section 9 Race 4 at Prospect 2/1/20 Classic Race at Prospect
7. Section 9 Race 5 at Gore 2/8/20 Skate Race at Gore 9K boys 7K girls
8. Sectional Championship Race Boys 10.4 Skate Race at Prospect
9. Sectional Championship Race Girls 8K Skate race at Prospect
10. State Championship Boys 10K at Harriet Hollister Individual Results
11. State Championship Girls 7.5K at Harriet Hollister Individual Results
12. State Championship Boys Relays at Bristol: 3 x 3K Relays
13. State Championship Girls Relays at Bristol 3 x 3K Relays
14. State Scores Overall Scores