Start of the 2020-2021 Season
Nordic skiing is one of the sports that will be allowed to start on November 30th. We are excited to see to see this happen. There are details to be worked out in all sports on how it will work in our schools-but the process has started. Please see the section regarding rental of ski equipment (#4). There are some chages put in place this year.
Welcome to the Nordic Ski Family
- I do not have everyone’s e-mail…I will get this the first day of practice or you can send it to my home email at email@example.com
- Most everything I say in an e-mail I also put on the webpage so you can check here until you are on an e-mail list. I do not use the Remind App so you may want to link my e-mail to your phone. Parents can be on the e-mail list. Please try to use my home e-mail.
My home e-mail is above.
School e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to access the webpage;
- Go to New Paltz Webpage then to High School
- Look under Quick Links for Coaches’ page
- When you open you should see announcements but also look at the links for clothing, equipment etc.
- You can get your skis before November 26th or after November 30th at Rock and Snow. Do not go from November 26th to November 30th. The package cost $165 and it includes skis, 2 sets of poles, 2 sets of road ferrules, and your boots. You do need the boots to start roller skiing. If money is a problem, see me (Coach Gregory). The changes this year are. If we begin the season and part way through the Governer stops all the winter sports, Rock and Snow will give partial reimbursement if you do not wish to keep your skis and practice on your own. The policy is Returns before December 31st will receive $100 back. Returns prior to January 31st will receive $50 back. These refunds will not be given if you just decide to stop the team. You would have to speak with Rock and Snow on your own.
- Practice is generally 2:50 to 4:55. We spend most of the time outside -so have clothes for this. Sometimes we take a bus off campus. When this occurs, the bus leaves at 2:30 and it will return for the late run. There may be times on snow we will not make it back for the late run. You will know ahead of time when we go off campus so try to stay other times for your teachers.