Exercise your Brain
We've learned that exercise is good for our bodies, but did you also know that it is true for your brain? Your brain can become stronger and more developed through training and exercise. By keeping your brain active and challenged, you may be able to strengthen brain cell connections and even grow new brain cells.
How does the Brain Work?
Video courtesy of sentis.com via Youtube.com
Maintain Your Brain: Simple Strategies
- Don't be isolated. Get involved in groups or social organizations, and participate in stimulating conversation that strengthens family and friendships.
- Participate in regular physical activities. Walk, ride a bicycle, dance, do aerobic exercises. Challenge your brain by challenging your body.
- Learn something new. Take a class in something that interests you, read and write every day, learn a second language, learn sign language, learn to play a musical instrument.
- Play board games or brain exercise-based video games, do crossword puzzles or challenging word and number games.
- Stimulate the senses: travel, learn to relax with music, meditate, do yoga or tai chi, etc.
- Get enough sleep. A well-rested brain is a healthy brain.
Strategies courtesy of www.toyourhealth.com