NEW PALTZ CENTRAL SCHOOLS
ELEMENTARY AND HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPALS
New Paltz Central Schools (NPCSD) seeks strong and energetic educational leaders to serve as Principal at the districts two (2) Elementary Schools and High School for July 1, 2019.
NPCSD is located within the town of New Paltz, New York State, which is also home to the State University of New York at New Paltz, founded in 1828. The town is served by easy access to major highways and is about 90 minutes from New York City and Albany as well as major airports in those Metropolitan areas.
The district will be interviewing candidates during the month of May and is actively recruiting dynamic, forward thinking educators, who are effective communicators, appreciate and respect diversity, with a proven track record of educational successes to build upon.
The school serves approximately 2100 students, all actively engaged in learning. The search will move quickly so please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exceptional educational leadership opportunity.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply on line at: https://hyasearch.com/browse-
jobs/. On that website, click on the New Paltz CSD position that you would like to apply to.
Minority Candidates Are Encouraged to Apply. AA/EOE
Questions regarding submitting your application for these administrative vacancies can be directed to:
Edward McCormick of HYA (Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates) Phone: (845) 264-1222 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or non-job-related handicap. The District is interested in diversifying staff to represent/reflect the cultural diversity of the community.
Persons of color are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
NEW PALTZ CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
After seeking input from parents, staff, students, and community via focus groups, interviews, and an online survey, New Paltz Central School District seeks strong high school and elementary school leaders who are dynamic, visionary and committed to educational excellence.
- Expand a culture of high expectations for all students and personnel
- Understands the benefits and challenges of diversity
- Commitment to selecting and supporting diverse personnel throughout the school
- Is visible throughout the school and actively engages in community life
- Fosters a positive, professional climate of mutual trust and respect among faculty, staff and administrators
- Understand the culture of achievement and stress (High School)
- Is an effective manager of the school’s day-to-day operations
- Maintains a safe and orderly school environment with clear, consistent practices for student discipline
- Has a clear vision for the school that leads to high academic and social-emotional growth for all students
- Prepares all students for life after high school (High School)
- Works to close gaps in achievement
- Demonstrates strong and skilled instructional leadership; knows best practices
- Supports administrators, teachers and other staff members and provides opportunities for growth, while holding them accountable for their performance
- Is both collaborative and decisive – a team builder who can foster team spirit and confidence
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing, using available technologies
- Is approachable and supportive of parents, teachers, and students, as necessary
- Models ethical and fair decision-making, to build trust
- Advocates strongly for the needs of the school, for staff, students and parents as needed
- Demonstrates the belief that all children can learn
- Has knowledge and understanding of elementary education (Elementary)
A minimum of three (3) years of administrative experience as a building level administrator and prior tenure as a teacher is expected, along with New York State building-level administrator certification. Experience in a diverse environment as a principal is preferred.