ADMINISTRATIVE VACANCIESFingerprint clearance is required. For more information, visit Fingerprinting Protocol.
*APPLYING FOR AN ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION*The New Paltz CSD will only consider electronic, online form submissions made through the OLAS website. No emails, faxes, or hard copies, please. Inquiries/applications received in this manner will not be processed.VACANCY:DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LEARNINGNYS SBL OR SDL Certification requiredApplication deadline: October 4, 2021
**Please note, all applicants must apply online through OLAS at www.olasjobs.org/mhv, under the posting name “Director of SEL – New Paltz CSD” on or before the application deadline date.**SEE BELOW FOR APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS(Vacancy reposted, original post date was 7-26-21)
The Director of Social and Emotional Learning will direct the implementation of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) in the New Paltz Central School District. This position will supervise SEL projects such as centralized training and SEL curriculum and programs. The Director of Social and Emotional Learning will also directly manage relationships with key SEL stakeholders such as, teachers, administrators, student support personnel and our community partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee SEL practices, interventions and supports.
- Provide leadership, planning, coordination and management to support the development of infrastructure that creates the conditions for educational Social Emotional Learning supports.
- Oversees ongoing adult SEL and professional learning experiences for school and district staff.
- Evaluate the impact that our existing systems and structures have on student achievement and social-emotional needs.
- Maintain an operational budget and work with the Assistant Superintendent for Business to determine an appropriate allocation of resources.
- Handle grant related reporting and documentation as required.
- Supports implementation of SEL programming by coordinating and facilitating SEL conversations at the building, district and community level.
- Provides coaching support to campus leadership and other staff to improve student SEL experiences and school climate and culture.
- Collaborates with Student Support colleagues and other leaders to ensure a consistent high quality SEL experience for all stakeholders.
Facilitate specific projects as determined by the superintendent. Collaborate with peers, teachers, non-instructional staff, and administrators. Demonstrate and model professional demeanor, resourcefulness and effective communication strategies with diverse groups. Work independently without day-to-day supervision, maintaining regular and punctual attendance in the workplace.
Working collaboratively with other building and district administration in supervising those directly involved in SEL implementation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should have broad experience working with students and staff in grades K-12. Master’s Degree or higher in Education, Counseling, or Educational Administration. Experience with developing and/or leading Social and Emotional Learning programs is valued. Experience with developing and/or leading SEL programs and in establishing and managing external organizational partnerships and relationships are equally valued.
Applicants must upload the following documents to the OLAS website:
(a) Cover letter - to the attention of Michelle Martoni, Deputy Superintendent, New Paltz CSD;
(c) Three current reference letters or a college credential file;
(d) Copy of Teaching/Administrative Certificate(s);
(e) Copies of College Transcripts; and
(f) Writing Sample. Please upload answers to the following questions:
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE
- Describe your experiences in working with diverse communities/student populations.
- Explain your leadership experiences in cultural diversity and inclusion.
- Tell us about any personal and professional experiences you have had that would help you, to help us, in fulfilling our district’s equity goals.