The primary focus of this program is to provide students with learning strategies, study techniques, organizational and social/emotional skills that address IEP objectives. Students also utilize the resource room for testing accommodations and to receive/review, reinforcement, and re‐ teaching of content area concepts. The overall goal of resource room is to offer students the tools required to become independent and self‐ directed learners.
Students will be able to:
- Develop skills necessary to achieve goals on Individualized Education Plans.
- Request assistance from the special education and general education teachers as needed.
- Take greater initiative and more responsibility for their academics and learning.
- Utilize testing accommodations and program modifications.
- Effectively apply learning, organizational, study skills and social/emotional strategies in various academic and social environments.