Areas that may be addressed during sessions include listening, speaking, reading, writing, and learning strategies.
The following areas may be worked on specifically during sessions:
- Language Skills- vocabulary, grammar, phonology, sequencing, categorizing, summarizing, social language skills and figurative language.
- Voice Skills- quality, pitch, loudness
- Speech Sounds- articulation of speech sounds which can impact reading, spelling, writing, as well as peer interactions and self-esteem
- Fluency Skills- flow, rate and rhythm of speech
- Phonological Awareness- rhyming, blending, and segementing words into smaller units