Time Frame – 10 weeks
Grading – Pass/Fail – all assignments must be completed satisfactorily.
Attendance - 3 maximum absences.
Materials needed – Folder, paper, pencil or pen.
1. What skills do I need to be competent and effective in the working world?
2. What do I like to do? What do I need to be able to do it? What can I do now to move towards my future goals?
a. career interest surveys
b. career investigations
d. Education and training options
e. Vocational options
f. Manufacturing options
II. Communication Skills
b. Cover letters
c. Active listening and I-messages
d. Non-verbal communication
e. Group communication
f. College applications
III. Parenting Skills
a. Decision for parenting
b. Parenting the young child
c. Responsible parenting
Class Behavior Guidelines:
1. Be respectful towards each other and the teacher.
2. Be on time. If late, please bring a pass.
3. Do not sit on tables, counters or talk out of the windows.